Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

Words
Learning, Reading
Gives us knowledge
Perplexed, Uneducated, Curious, Determined
Enlightenment.

I love words.  I Love reading.  I love learning.  My problem is that I do not know enough words and their meanings.  I really feel that this is a handicap in a lot if situations.  Expressing yourself should be easy, but not for me.  I get tongue tied and frustrated because sometimes I cannot find the right word.  Words can make reading sound like music and create the most beautiful stories and the best essays, if you know enough of them.  They can expand the mind and help you in all kinds of public situations, if you know enough of them.  When I read I try to remember the most interesting words like, juxtaposition, ( I just looked the meaning of that word up), differential, (I looked that one up to and I still don't know what it means), abstract, colloquial, existentialism.  Aren't these beautiful words?  I love them all and more.  The more I am learning, the more I am realizing how much I don't know.  I think I will put a dictionary beside my bed and use if for night time reading.  I read every night, it is my zen.  There is a another word I love, zen.  I just thought of another tool, I could use, a thesaurus, doesn't that word explain what that book is perfectly?  I hope to achieve a better balance in my thought process by learning more words.  Sometimes my mind is all over the place and I cant' bring it all together.  Learning the cinquain has really helped me.  I like that word too, although Microsoft Word does not recognize this as a word. I  wonder why.  I have looked it up several times to make sure I'm spelling it right, and it is in Wikipedia.  I love Wikipedia, it is so thorough.  I am going to find if there is an app for a new word a day, I am sure there is.  There is an app for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment