Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16. 2014

There are hundreds if not thousands of books that I want to read.  When on earth am I going to find time to do this?  I love all books and my mom would go to garage sales and buy bags of books and I would read them all. Those were mostly children's books and would keep me entertained for hours. As a teenager I read mostly series books like westerns and mystery books. In my twenties I read a lot of romance novels, mostly by Danielle Steel. In my thirties was a lot of books by comedians like Bill Cosby, also a lot of autobiographies. Some of them were Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn. The funny thing about that is that I don't like country music, but the autobiographies are fascinating. Of course there is the all time favorite, the Bible. Now, I read a lot of news from news apps on my Ipod. I really enjoyed the articles and stories in our Power of Language Book.  I would like to read a lot more of the classics.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Where do you start?  I started to read Moby Dick.  I just couldn't stay with it.  I will try again though. I read all of the Harry Potter books and yes I loved them.  I read all of the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe series and yes I loved all of those too.  I have read countless books to my children.   A lot of Dr. Suess and a lot of Sesame Street.  I love the Olivia series. My oldest daughter's favorite was Sarah's Unicorn. We read that book until the binding fell apart.  My youngest daughter's favorite was Love you Forever. Reading to my children every night was the best times that I spent with my children.  We would laugh so hard some times that we couldn't breathe. It was hard to get them to go to sleep when that was going on. I hope they read to their children also.

No comments:

Post a Comment