Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 19, 2014

We had a bonfire in our backyard tonight.  It was the first time that we did that and we have lived in this house for 15 years.  It was really nice.  Why haven't we done this before now?  Silly how you appreciate something so much that is so simple.  Sitting by a crackling fire roasting hot dogs and talking and laughing with your family makes for a very nice evening.  No cell phones, no video games, no computers, just us and the fire. While looking at the back of my house, I really became very thankful for it and was thinking how nice it really is.  It's not the biggest or the best but it is really nice to have my own home. I am so very blessed and grateful for all that God has brought into my life.  My oldest daughter is coming home tomorrow and I am so happy!!!  Yeah!!! I have missed her dearly but I fear she may not be living at home much longer.  She has found someone that she really cares about but he lives in Oklahoma.  You can do a long distance relationship for only so long.  I have personal experience with that very thing.  When I met my husband he lived 250 miles away and that was really hard to be that far away from him.  But who knows if this is the one, she is still very young.  I want her to be happy but I want her to make a good choice.  I can't live her life for her but I can guide her and support her the best way that I know how. School starts pretty soon for my youngest daughter, she will be in 7th grade.  I can't believe how fast she has grown up.  She will be in band camp next week at her school and she is not looking forward to getting up early.  She will also be cheer leading this year, something tells me I am going to be very busy with parades and games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment