Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014

Jobs That I Have Had

My first job was a news paper route.  The papers would come to my house everyday and I would roll them up put them in a 2 sided bag that I would slip over my head and deliver them after school to 30 or 40 houses in my neighborhood.  I made some good tips every now and then.  I met my first boyfriend on that paper route. I was 15 and he was entirely way too old for me, but I was completely infatuated. His last name was Martinez and I can not remember his first name.  He asked me out to the movies and I thought I would faint right there.  Clearly, I was way too young, but I did not care.  We went to the movies and seen Kramer vs Kramer.  NOT a date movie.  But alas, during the movie was my first kiss from a boy.  Needless to say that did not last long and he moved away.  I thought I was talking about jobs that I have had.  On to the next job, this was babysitting, I did not like those jobs at all. I was hired by a young couple one summer to clean the house, cook the meals, and babysit the kids.  This job was Ok, it payed really well and they really like my house cleaning skills.  The next job was after high school, I worked at Long John Silvers for a year.  After that job, I knew that I was not going to work in a restaurant  for the rest of my life.  Right around that time I met my first husband, yes, clearly I was too young to be married.  When that ended, I went back to school and received a certificate in Office Technology and the school that I went to got me my first secretarial job at Blue Cross Blue Shield and I have been a secretary ever since.  Typing, filing, payroll, accounting, billing, I have done it all and I love it.  I would not have stuck with this field this long if I didn't. I am currently a secretary at a hospital in Springfield and I'm getting a degree in Health Information Technology to further my career in the medical field.

No comments:

Post a Comment