Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2, 2014

My husband is an excellent cook.  I, on the other hand, am not.  I do not like to cook.  I like to bake, not cook.  He would give anything if he could quit his job and open his own restaurant, but things like our mortgage and other bills are kinda priority right now.  His best meal is crab cakes, they are insanely good.  When we friends over, he cooks huge meals for them and they absolutely love them.  So do I because I don't have to cook.  His cooking skills get better with every new recipe he tries and his favorite thing to watch is cooking shows.  He will see something that he likes on one of the shows and buys the ingredients and will cook it that night.  I am in awe of his talent.  He is a truck driver now and wishes he could be home more to cook for his family and friends.  My children do not look to me for any amazing meals like he can cook, but that is just fine with me, because as I said, I do not like to cook.  It's funny how life works out like it does.  Why do some people  have jobs that they go to everyday that they  would rather not be doing and their passion in life is left to the wayside. I have heard of this time and again and when you ask why not do what you love and the answer is mostly because they are committed to all that they have in their life and there is no extra funds for anything else.  I hope he continues to cook, he is making those wonderful crab cakes this weekend for his friend that just came home from the hospital so she does not have to worry about dinner for her family one night.  He's Awesome like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment