Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014

Vacations
Fun, Relaxing
Creates good memories
Excited, Relaxed, Reflective, Joyous
Adventure


When I was younger my family would go to Indianapolis on vacations to go see the Indy 500.  Clearly my dad picked where we would go, because he had all girls and these trips were not nearly as much fun as the demolition derbies at the county fair. I don't remember a lot about going except that it was very loud and when we got older we could walk around by ourselves and visit other families on vacation there.  We went to Old Faithful once. When the geyser shot out of the ground it was amazing and scary at the same time.  I also remember the geyser with the sulfur smell, that was awful.  We went to the House on the Rock in Wisconsin,  I remember the walk up to the house was very steep, and the tour lasted forever.  I liked the doll house collections that were on display and my dad enjoyed the old gun collections. We went to Mackinac Island and visited the Grand Hotel.  It was truly majestic, the massive white pillars were like tall giants when your looking at them at 10 years old.  My husband, children and I went to Disney land a few years ago.  We visited a different theme park every day.  We rode rides, walked through the exhibits and looked at every animal. There is now way that you could see and do everything. It was exhausting.  I loved being with my family every day at the most amazing theme park in the United States but by the end of every day we could barely move. The last day in Florida we went to Daytona Beach.  It was the first time that I had seen the ocean.  You can't believe your eyes when your looking at it.  It was like what you would see in a dream to me. The horizon seemed to pull you in and the sound of the waves coming in sent you in to a hypnotic state of relaxation.  We did not want to leave that day.  My daughters loved looking for seashells and playing in the water.  All of this talk about vacations make me want to take one now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment