Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1, 2014

Sometimes when I'm blogging it feels like therapy.  So I decided to look this up and sure enough there are many, many articles on this.  From what I understand, it gives you a chance to let it all out, but this can be done in a good way.

Here is a quote from, We Blog Better.com, written by Margaret Keely, "What I have learned from blogging is that it gives you time to reflect on the things you are writing down, giving you a clearer perspective on the real underlying issue."  This sounds pretty much what it feels like to me too.
As I am blogging, my mind is racing about what I'm blogging about and what it means to me.  When trying to come up with blogging ideas, I am searching my mind and going over my past, my future, what I like, what I don't like.  Then it will rest, so to speak, on what I want to blog about, and it all spills out in 300 words or more.Today it rested on how much it feels like therapy.  I find myself thinking during the day about what I want to blog about that night.

Another quote from the article mentioned above is , "Everything does not require a professional to solve problems that persist in our lives. We sometimes just need to let it all out, whatever it is that bothers us." This makes total sense to me.  I can see now why people like to do this.  When you just let it out, you are thinking about how to solve it or how to deal with it.  Anything that can make my life better I am all for.  When starting this blogging assignment I had no idea that this could be part of it.  I wasn't too sure that I would keep this blog after this class was over, but now I am rethinking that decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment