Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11. 2014

Schools That I Have Attended
The first school that I attended was Beyer Elementary.  My first teacher was Mrs. Larson, she was so sweet and kind to us.  I remember painting on an easel, probably because it was so much fun.  Nap time was not my favorite.  Out library was in the middle of the school.  The classes were all around the edge and the library was in the middle out in the open and could be accessed from any class.  I loved books even then and when we checked them out they were stamped, not scanned.  My fourth grade teacher was Mrs. Gustafson, she was the best teacher I had.  She made it a point to praise her students and spend time with them individually as much as she could.  She made me want to learn more and for a teacher that says a lot.  My fifth grade teacher was Mr. Rimbey, he drove an old car that was remodeled and I remember it had wood side boards. My next school was Lincoln Junior High.  That was a huge difference from elementary.  It was my first experience with changing classes.  Oh the anxiety of it all.  That much I do remember.  A different teacher with every class was foreign to me, so the whole experience was a little confusing most days until I got the hang of it.  It was four stories and massive  Then came High School at East High School.  It was exciting and scary at the same time.  It was even bigger than the junior high.  I had a really good counselor.  He took the time to talk with me whenever I needed to and really listened and tried to find the solution to whatever problems I was having in my classes.  It was four years of a lot of work, but worth it all in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment