Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4.2014

English 101 is my first College class in my life.  Considering that I have lived half of my life already, it seems like a late start, but this class feels like I have started my life over and I have a whole new future to look forward too.  This may sound a little dramatic but I have looked forward to college for many years so I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can.  There are many reasons why I have waited this long, mostly financial, but fear lies at the base of all of the reasons.  So far, this has been hard but rewarding work.  The curiosity of wanting to know what it was like to attend college all of these years drives me forward through all of the assignments.  The excitement of all of it is still new and I am sure will wear off in time, but I hope it lasts long enough for me to want to finish my degree.  I never thought I was capable of doing college level classes, let alone hanging in there long enough to graduate.  But this class has given me confidence that I didn't know I had.  Ms A. has been very helpful and I really like the personal touches to her assignments that encourage us to keep going.  I want to excel in all of the classes that I take, and that will take a lot of hard work, but I don't want to waste this experience.  I want it to mean something other than just a degree.  I want to set an example for my children.  Also, just to prove to myself that I could do it all along.  A bad start in life does not mean it has to end badly.  I want different for myself and for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment